Storage facilities/storage services are everywhere in Delray Beach, but only a few will be able to deliver the needs and wants of customers. If you want to get the most bang for your buck, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- The storage unit size will heavily depend on the items you wish to store. You need bigger storage units if you are looking into storing sports equipment and furniture in storage. If you need space for documents and paperwork, a smaller, personal unit will be enough.
- The length of time that you are allowed to place your items on storage will depend on you. Storage service companies offer rentals on a monthly basis. There are also storage facilities that can be leased on a yearly basis. Delray storage companies are extremely flexible and may adjust the length of time based on your personal preferences.
- To ensure preservation, certain items need to be stored in ideal climate or temperatures. Exposure to extreme heat, cold, dust, or dirt will ultimately destroy the integrity of your valued items. Storage units feature temperature controls that allow adjustment and regulation of climate and humidity factors. This is perfect for those who need to store important paper documents, antiques, and vintage items.
- For added security, you will need additional insurance for items that you wish to place in storage. Check in with your provider if your contents and home insurance will cover for your items in storage units. If you don’t have one, make sure to get additional insurance for them. You can obtain them from a third-party insurance provider or from the storage company themselves.
- Check the facility in person before signing a contract. A personal tour will allow you to identify features that will make moving easier and more convenient. Ramps and inclines will be helpful in rolling in heavy and bulky items. Lifts are also important if you are going to move your valuables to a storage unit located in the upper floors of a storage facility.